Monday, January 16, 2006

Tech Link (Platform): Disassembling the Apple* iMac*

If you are drooling to see the inside of an Apple* product, then this should get you going. I just found this link Googling around, I haven't read any comment on the site yet, but I have strolled around looking for the pictures. I find it really nifty and interesting for someone to hack open an iMac* since they aren't really normally disassembled and taken apart like your normal PC.
Someone happens to have enough time, courage, and most specially, the money to hack it open. The Intel® Core™ Duo 1.83 Processor is revealed in all its glory, showing the bare core in its entirety. I am no iMac fanatic, so I am just guessing that by doing this, the warranty is completely voided. What a good way to let your $1k+ fly away like that.

Source:KODAWARISAN

No comments: