Thursday, January 05, 2006

Article: Intel® Mobile Processor + desktop board slowly invading review sites

It wil not take too long before we see more and more reviews about mobile processor on the desktop motherboard. Anandtech released an early preview of the processor in two parts, as can be seen here and here.

Many were thrilled to see how it performs. Why? Again, with Intel®, it's about Ghz versus the other camp's PR. Screw what the reviewer says about the other camp's low Ghz, their Ghz is low, but their price is based on their PR, so don't get so easily carried away by the fanboy bashing (even if we are a fanboy ourselves).

January 05, 2006 (PST) is coming in fast and it won't be long till Intel® announce a lot of their products. It is at this time that we can expect to see manufacturers showing of their very own products supporting these new technology from the Chipzilla. I can't spew out any more than I am allowed to, but hey, information about the web right now and I can share these to you.

For example, VR-Zone has an AOpen i975Xa-YDG motherboard newsbit posted on their site, which btw, I have posted already here as well (more reason to glue your eyes at this site). Another motherboard maker, Gigabyte, have been developing uATX board for the new mobile processor, and HKEPC has great early review and benchmarks already. If those numbers doesn't make you drool and wished you have that board, I don't know what will.

Here's an image of that board if you haven't seen it yet.


Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and wipe my drool off the table.

No comments: