Friday, January 13, 2006

Tech Link (Overclock): Intel Celeron D 336 Overclocking

I've done overclocking the Intel® Celeron® D before, and I'd say they really rock for their price and performance, for which they are intended to work with. The reviewer seems to agree with my conclusion before, even if they use a much higher end, but still equally affordable, Intel® Celeron® D 336.

There you have it, the first ever article on Legion Hardware to include an Intel Celeron processor. Unfortunately, Intel will only submit their high-end processors, as they refuse to produce Celeron processors for review. Given it had been quite some time since I last used a Celeron processor, I was interested to see how far they had come and whether the new Celeron D processors were worth considering. When building a budget system of any description it is hard to ignore a $70 US processor that can comfortably overclock to almost 3.6GHz and is 64-bit compliant.

Source:Legion Hardware

No comments: