Friday, January 12, 2007

Brag: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E4400 is here, and they overclock well too!

I have posted the first CPU-Z validation and overclock of Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E4300 on the web, now I am posting the first Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E4400 CPU-Z validation. This is a great processor for high clockage. You can click on the image to view the CPU-Z validation, and my specs i.e. what RAM, and motherboard is used. Aside from the multi of 10x, it's similar in every aspect with the younger brother Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E4300.

I quickly put this to a crash overclock test, and whipped out the first board I laid my eyes on. It is the Bad Axe 2, and I believe, is a great choice. After a brief testing, I manage to get it stable at 3.5GHz which is a hefty 75% overclock.

Hmmm, another great processor from Chipzilla! For high FSB, just lower the multi like its younger brother, but for high clockage, just stick to the default multi and pump up that FSB. Woot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you think this is a better choice for overclocking than the e4300? I've seen some tests around with the 4300 and the performance was stunning with the stock cooler.

death_metal said...

I will actually suggest you go for the newer Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6320 for that maximum FSB OC. If you want high clock with cheap ram, then go Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E4400.

Anonymous said...

What Vcore did you use for E4400@3,5GHz?