Monday, September 11, 2006

Tech Link (Processor): Intel's Core 2 Quadro Kentsfield: Four Cores on a Rampage

If you want to further enhance your FanBoy skillz, check out THG's latest QuadCore article. Is it a coincidence that they post it in the anniversary of 9/11? Who knows, I haven't read the full article anyway. Bah, am too busy with work right now that such a 10+ pager article will eat up my time, I'd rather scour the web for more info to bring to your plate everyday (yes you, my dear visitors).



Editor's Opinion
For me, working with one of the first quad core systems was amazing. No matter how many applications you run at the same time, the system reacts to user commands quickly. Some applications require half the time to finish tasks. To me, it's like being catapulted a year into the future and is unlike the past few years when computing power increased only marginally. Intel pumped out 30% more performance with Core 2 Duo and will double that again with Core 2 Quadro soon.


Source:Intel's Core 2 Quadro Kentsfield: Four Cores on a Rampage

No comments: