Monday, February 06, 2006

Tech Link (Modding): Whisky PC, PC In A Bottle

MetkuMods has one little powerful mod article. This is one booze you'll all want to have sitting right next to your mini bar or maybe, at your living room, posing as a readily available booze for your visitors. The mod is so small that it requires a mini ITX PSU similar to what I posted before here.

The system is no slouch, equipped with a decent Intel® Pentium® !!! 733EB, a sleek 256MB laptop RAM, with 40GB of storage and with a 60W mini-ITX PSU (for more info on this PSU, check my previous Blog entry here). This is one mod only fitting an expert tweaker, from the hardware electrical parts, to the actual materials used on the mod.
I already had a powerful computer setup so I wanted something more quiet, small and low power consumptioning to function as a basic home server. I love to tinker with hardware etc. so I wanted to make something quite unique for a case. I have seen many nice and creative cases before but none of them were made out of a bottle. In November I bought an industrial 3.5" SBC board (with Socket370). For the project I selected a 1.5 litre Ballantine's bottle for case. That was the proper size and shape for the task at hand.

Source:MetkuMods

No comments: