Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Tech Link (Industry): Intel launches Viiv

I kinda missed posting this news bit, and it's been sitting in my InBox for quite some time. It's quite a good read, both for those who would like to know what the new Chipzilla product is and even for those who just needs a few giggles.

"They told me, 'There's a movie service, and you can log in, and you'll be able to watch movies on your TV at the same time as they're in the cinema!' I said to them, well, as the presenter of Film 2006, I get to watch all the latest films before they actually get to the cinema, so I'm not that bothered.

So then they said, 'Well, you'll be able to download the latest music from top bands, and there will be live broadcasts of concerts from all round the world, so you'll be able to get the best concert tickets without ever having to leave your house!' Well, I said, as one of Radio 2's top DJs I get flown around the world to the best concerts and get put up in the best hotels with the best tickets at the gig, so that's not much use to me either.

Then it finally occurred to me: Viiv isn't about entertainment. It's about giving normal people an idea of what it's like to be me!"


Source:Bit-Tech

No comments: