Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tech Link (Modding): "TransTFT", a stunning LCD Mod!

Another great modding idea, and masterpiece done over at MetkuMods. This is really awesome, looking at it makes me drool so much. The effort, creativity, and execution is just so professional, I'd wish I have the skills, money, and of course, guts to do something like that. Turning an old LCD into a work of art, truly a masterpiece.
Image owned by MetkuMods

I bought an old 15" tft display from my friend because the display of my laptop didn't offer enough workspace. This monitor just happened to be too ugly to be tolerated for long. I never had the guts to modify my laptop, so this new screen of mine offered a great opportunity to refresh my building skills. I turned some of my ideas into a 3d model to see how they look. The leading idea was to show the parts of the tft and of course: it shouldn't be too hard to build.


Source:MetkuMods

No comments: