Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tech Link (Industry): 20 Years Of PC Viruses

Tech Web has a nice comprehensive history of viruses, celebrating the 20th anniversary of this nasty, and sometimes, harmless yet annoying, little buggers of the computing industry. I remember the time when I was still using assembly language for the first time. It was like heaven for me, gone are the days of PEEK and POKE on my home computer, I am using the big dogs, man, I am using a true blue IBM PC and it's an XT! Anyway, sorry for my blabbering, expand the article to read more.

In the first half of the 1980s, computer viruses -- programs that reproduce themselves by "infecting" other programs -- existed mostly in labs. A few had managed to find their way into the wild on the Apple II platform, but for the most part they were tightly controlled by computer researchers.

Source:TechWeb

No comments: