Friday, February 09, 2007

Tech Link (PSU): Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000w Quad Extreme

I know this posting is late, but I figure my similar power supply is due to arrive at the end of the month. I am certainly sure that I won't be able to tell for myself if it indeed is living up to the promise of its capacity, since that will definitely make a big dent on my electric bill. However, knowing this PSU passed the high requirements of FUGGER, XS owner, then I am quite sure this PSU will not let me down. Check it out...



Comdex 2003, my display rig in the Abit booth had a heart attack firing up at 4.4Ghz and the PSU was dead. I tracked back out onto the show floor and found Tom @ Enermax who said sure my 450w power supply could handle the situation, so he gave the the PSU in good faith and I hauled it back to the Abit booth with Tom in tow and snapped it like a twig. Whoops, so we go back out the Enermax booth and grab the biggest supply they had at the show, it was a 651w model that worked great for the entire duration of the show.

Well as luck would have it this year at CES we ran into power supply problems again with a 1Kw single rail from another popular manufacture failed to post on the bench rig.


Source:Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000w Quad Extreme

No comments: