Sunday, February 11, 2007

Tech Link (Operating System): Build a Windows Vista Upgrade Parachute

THG has posted an article which I find is really nice and right on time. I can't believe I sifted through all pages (12 of them) and read them all with interest, I barely spend time reading past the conclusion nowadays. Do take time to read through it, I believe the article is well thought out and free from a lot of crap and focuses on the bare essentials necessary for the topic. Check it out...



The purpose of this article is to guide you through the myriad options for upgrading to Windows Vista. My goal here is balance: I will not slavishly regurgitate Microsoft's hype, but neither will I join the growing army of Microsoft bashers.

The choices for creating a Vista computer are bewildering. Since there are so many possibilities, let me start by offering you a default solution to the main question: "what should I do about Vista?" My default advice is that you wait until June 2007 - then buy a new machine with either Vista Home Premium or Vista Business pre-installed.

From that default position, I'll review the other options for Vista. My goal is to give you the information necessary to make the best decision for your particular circumstances.


Source:Build a Windows Vista Upgrade Parachute

No comments: