Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tech Link (Motherboard): 680i Quad Core Update

So finally, mystery has been solved. I still remember going nuts about this board and cursing it till I can't find the right word to say. I even sent a PM to FUGGER because, for the life of me, I can't break 330FSB on my QuadCore. Well, FUGGER said he is having the same issue, so my board was sold "just like that" and I bid goodbye to such a sucky product. Anyway, if you don't know what I am blabbering about, it's specific to QuadCore overclocking. Check out eVGA*'s response by expanding this blog post.



Dear 680i Users,

Some users have reported they are encountering obstacles in over-clocking Intel Quad Core CPUs in excess of 1300MHz FSB on the EVGA nForce 680i SLI platform.

If you have an Intel Quad Core CPU and are experiencing this issue, EVGA will swap your original unit for a motherboard that improves your Intel Quad Core over-clocking.

U.S. - EVGA advanced RMA service will replace the board
Canada - EVGA will replace the board in a normal RMA process
Europe - EVGA will replace the board in a normal RMA process

If you are interested in receiving a replacement, please be sure your product is registered on our site at http://evga.com/register/. After registering, please visit http://evga.com/support/680i_fsb.asp and enter your serial number and stay tuned for an update on when to RMA your board in early March via email.

Note: This offer is only applicable for the Intel Quad Core issue listed above.

Thank you,

EVGA Management Team


Source:680i Quad Core Update

No comments: