Saturday, May 27, 2006

Rant: FutureMark not allowing Conroe results to be published?!?

Earlier today, I got a buzz from a friend that a new WR for SuperPi has been breached. And I told him on the phone, yawning, "Yeah, I know, 11s is history". But he said, "Nope, 10s barrier has been breached". And then I was like, "Ok, I'll go hunt it down". And so, after visiting a few sites, I finally came down to TeamJapan's score. But what's SuperPi run got to do with FutureMark benchmarks?

Well, if you look and read at each thread in that link at XS, you'll came by one of FUGGER's posting. And I quote:

Well done, the race for 5Ghz is on for sure. It will be done with a little more voltage it seems.

These will destroy all 3D records.

BTW, Futuremark removed all Conroe/Merom benches from the ORB except 2K1.


I still haven't gotten any official announcement, or even a rumor, as to the reason why the Conroe and Merom results are being "removed" from the ORB. The 3DMark01SE score seems to be left untouched, but 3DMark03/05/06 are being taken down.

It has been "doubly" confirmed on FCG's posting, and I quote:

22K has come and gone. Specs for score in signature.

Special thanks to Futuremark for selling out and removing my ability to publish ANY scores on their ORB.


FCG hinted that he can't publish anything in the ORB anymore, but he did break the WR. Of course, without the ORB, people can only rely on FCG's reputation that he is telling the truth. While I don't doubt his score, I know how he feels since there are still many out there that has been crapping on all his potings. Personally, I'll just ignore those sorry losers.

But back to the regular programming, again, on FutureMark's reasoning for this removal of score. If in any case you've seen any official announcement, or even just a rumor, don't hesitate to send me ShoutOut or post it in the forum or just send me an email (or call me). I'd love to get all the facts straight, and of course, to restore my fleeting trust at the ORB.

And if you would like to join in the discuss, XS has a thread up already.

No comments: