Sunday, May 14, 2006

Rant: Typhoon Caloy left me "off-line" for two days

Well, what can I say, even if I have redundant Internet connection, I don't have enough juice to run my systems. I am only able to keep enough power for the lights and one industrial fan.

Well, my inverter did well on that. While I can easily just log on, I figure I need all the power I can spare for the critical equipment: lights and a fan to ward off pesky insects. My car battery lasted for a day, and then boom, it totally dies. However, power is now restored and everything is back on line now but I missed a day of posting.

Anyway, I guess the typhoon and lack of power did a good thing too. I am able to do stuff I normally don't do during weekends and I actually enjoyed idling after I've done all the necessary tasks.

All in all, I love what the lack of power did to me :)

No comments: