Monday, May 29, 2006

Tech Links (Server): Woodcrest News Around The Web

It's a slow Monday today, and my neck still hurts. I am so sleepy right now, and I just completed a good full eight(8) hours of sleep. I don't know, if that isn't enough, then how much sleep is enough? Could be more than what I need, but heck, I feel so bad today, but I know I just need a little kick and warm up to keep me going to the day. Anyway, I decided to do some news round up for the Woodcrest server chip.



As some of you know, Dempsey, the newest Intel server platform, just launched last week. While the topic for this post is about Woodcrest, I just can't stop mentioning Dempsey since the product launch also gave a lot of sidenews on the upcoming server platform with Woodcrest server CPU.

For starters, BusinessWeek*, placed "Intel Strikes Back" as their headline news last week, saying "There’s a lot riding on Woodcrest, a server chip".

INQ, known for its spectacular ability to sniff rumors along with mixed facts and sarcastic comments, mentioned Woodcrest as "a completely ground-up new ass-kicker. It shares nothing with Dempsey and this one really is the biggest thing since the P3 – P4 transition. It is hard to understate how big a deal this is for Intel, it takes them from laughably behind to the front in many areas."

And if you are looking for more news, over at C|Net, they wrote an article and gave a good praise for Woodcrest, headlined "Intel: Never mind Dempsey, here’s Woodcrest".

So there you have it, the news ain't fresh, but they're still new. Till next blogging...

No comments: