Sunday, April 09, 2006

Tech Link (Modding): Making acrylic fan grills

GideonTech has a nice article about making your own customized acrylic fan grills. I always fancy making one, and every time, I ended up messing the whole acrylic sheet and cursing myself along the way. I would totally waste a whole sheet to just come up with a simple modding project, I guess the art is just lost in me and patience is definitely not part of my virture.
Images owned by respective site/owner

Anyway, if you have the knack for modding or just want to learn more about this "hobby" or skill, then hea>d on over at GideonTech. I read thru all the processor and browsed thru all the pictures. What I can probably say that you shouldn't "copy" from the article is the lack of protective gear for the hand. It just doesn't look right, and I find it really scary that the modder was actually operating it with his bare hands. Eeeew, I quiver with the thought. Call me chicken, but for me, safety comes first and I'd definitely love to have my fingers complete.

Source:GideonTech

No comments: