Friday, April 21, 2006

Brag: I have a new Conroe sets coming in...

I just got confirmation that my new sets of Conroe processors just came in. I should be able to play with it in the next following days. I am thinking of holding off a mini demo for a select few people, and maybe have them sign an NDA. If you are interested to join, do left me a PM, post a comment here, or post in the FanBoy forum. Of course, this invitation doesn't extend to those outside of my beloved country :)

Am really not sure how to go about this but I guess maximum of four(4) would be easy to handle. It's tough being under NDA sometimes, bragging will always have to be held off till public information is released. Well, that's the trade off: I get to play with really early samples, and yet can not brag about them.

Anyway, I will definitely not include an AMDroid. AMD user is welcome, but not the AMDroid version, they tend to ruin all the fun, including the pun.

Another challenge would be the scheduling, I am such a lazy guy during the weekend, I don't actually want to do anything but sleep, play with the kids, eat, and watch TV. But if I do this during the weekdays, then I don't have enough time as work, work, and more work gets in the way. Besides, after 4:00 PM, I tend to have my mind a blank as virgin white board. It's like my creativity suddenly stops when the bell began to ring.

Hmmm...would you believe this, people have been waiting for this processor, and yet I have nine(9) of em coming in, both with 4MB of L2 cache, yet can't really post any benchies in public.

Anyway, this isn't final yet, so don't try to hold me for this. It's a thought, it's an idea, worst comes to worst, I'll demo it to those whom I know are already under NDA and not to anyone who hasn't signed any.

No comments: