Sunday, April 23, 2006

Article: Overclocking and Tweaking Intel® Platforms

I posted a revised Overclocking guide for Noobies. It's the same as the one that used to be posted in TPC, and since it's not there (hey, it's still in the forum, just search for it), I am tired of those PMing me about how to OC. I'm not the best guy in the world when it comes to OCing, heck, I run my PC on stock. But I do play around with it and I understand things about OCing. Anyway, it's posted already, I'll add more contents since currently, it's just a two-part article, but more will be added later on.

This article is targetted for beginning overclockers of Intel® systems. The aim is to aid clueless beginners on the basics of overclocking, starting up on the building blocks, and presenting information in a manner easily understood.

But before jumping in, I just want to clarify the meaning of overclocking. Simply put, by the word "over", it means going above the nominal values of a certain device, breaking the default speed, and increasing it several notches up. The goal can be different from one hobbyist to another. It can be about improving performance of the platform, getting more out of the money i.e. bang for the buck, better game response, or simply, bragging rights of having an overclocked system.


Source:Overclocking and Tweaking Intel® Platforms

No comments: