Saturday, April 01, 2006

Brag: More info coming from FCG

If you haven't checked it out yet, you should =)...FCG has more exciting tidbits for us solid fanboys =)

I just got word that a second chip is available and I'm having it sent directly to me. I should probably receive it Tuesday. FUGGER is also going to send me a MB and everything I need to get a second rig up and running for testing.

For those that are unclear on what's going on...here's what I can tell you:
- The motherboard to be used is an Asus with a "new" BIOS. (not sure if I can share detail just yet)
- I am under no NDA with Intel and am free to post whatever I want about Conroe.
- The chip shown is indeed Conroe and not Merom. Conroe is in an LGA775 package, Merom is pin-to pin-compatible with Yonah and is in the newer Socket 478 packaged used in mobile applications.
- Merom and Conroe are the same on the architectural level. They differ in the cache used for different model numbers, the standard FSB speeds and the target TDP.
- I like chicken.
- No one knows for sure where Conroe will scale too. Rest assured this will be tested at XS as we will be the FIRST to bring overclocking results on the Conroe and not just stock benches with an Intel CPU/MB combo time share (like at IDF). This will be a world exclusive to XS.

-FCG


Source:XS #402

No comments: