Thursday, April 06, 2006

Brag: So I already have my Conroe mobo installed =)

I decided to play around more with my i965-board and this time I succeeded in installing all the necessary drivers. Drivers are looking good right now though I might add that it takes a lot of work around and tweaking to make the motherboard fully stable. It's been an up and down experience, well, not that it's bad, it's part of being an early adapter and playing with an Engineering Sample board. For the Chipzilla fanboys, they'll notice the difference with the Chipset installer screenshot at the left, for the un-initiated, well, boooyaaah =)

At first, I have trouble loading up CPU-Z, and v1.33 seems a bit buggy at first. After some tweaks here and there, I finally am able to fire it up and loaded the validation. At this time where posting screenshot isn't enough, the CPU-Z validation web is a very handy tool to shush off the skeptics. Below is the screenshot of CPU-Z (note the Northbridge and Southbridge chipsets).

Click Me for CPU-Z Validation


Don't expect a Conroe submission though. Unlike Victor Wang over at XS, I am still under the veil of NDA :)

Long live Intel® Core™.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Death Metal,

Immpressive to see you have your Conroe Mobo up and running. I want a Conroe bad when it comes out. Will your Conroe MB support a Cedar Mill 631?

Thanks,
excretation@yahoo.com

death_metal said...

Yep, this will definitely support Cedar Mill =)