Monday, May 07, 2007

Tech Link (Chipset): P35 "Bearlake": Asus P5K Deluxe and Gigabyte P35-DS3R Preview

While NDA for the chipset and actual products hasn't been lifted off yet, actual product pictures are now circulating around the net for some exposure. Of course, the missing piece across these product showcase are performance numbers. But hey, if you really like to see some early numbers, you can head on over here and here. For those asking me if I will still buy motherboard based on i965, the answer is it depends. If I already have a motherboard with this chipset, then I won't be buying another one based on the same, but will jump over to the newer one. However, if I still don't have any board based on this chipset and I need a new board now, then yes, I'm all over it. Anyway, check out the article over at neoseeker for some product tour of Gigabyte's and Asus' offerings of upcoming board.



Conclusion
While I'd love to tell you more about the P35 chipset, and Gigabyte's interesting P35-DS3R, along with the ASUS P5K family, those pesky little NDA's requires us not to reveal more until those NDA's are lifted.

But don't worry.

I'll be putting the P35, with both DDR2 and DDR3 memory through some serious torture testing to find out how well the P35 and DDR2 & DDR3 perform.

Frankly, I can hardly wait to find out if Intel has managed to outdo its excellent P965 chipset; and how well Gigabyte and Asus did on their first P35 implementations.


Source:P35 "Bearlake": Asus P5K Deluxe and Gigabyte P35-DS3R Preview

No comments: