Sunday, April 22, 2007

Rant: hwbot.org and dm's score...

I figure instead of answering some private messages and a couple of emails, I'll just post my thoughts here. Anyway, the general question is my entry at hwbot.org, and why my score suddenly dropped. I know that some are wondering, but worst, some are insinuating a not-so-good idea. Just to clear things up:


  1. I already stopped benching for hwbot.org after I won at the XS competition. So, I'll never be able to bump my rank anymore. However, I am trying something out with OCZ Team, but that's another story.

  2. I am really not an overclocker, so I am really not interested to attain a certain benchmark score or overclock. Heck, I use a laptop, so that'll explain why I don't submit score on my own personal whim.

  3. And last but not the least, hwbot had ceased to allow PCMark04 as part of their official list of acceptable benchmark software. That significantly impacted my score, and hence, the big drop out from being Top 6 to my current standing.



So that's how it goes. And oh, I don't hate hwbot.org, that site is great, it's just that, it's not my cup of tea. I'll bench, overclock, and tweak not because I like to be number one, but because I have a goal. And I met that goal, and even excels and won the contest. That's enough for me, end of story, and I am willing to join and submit score again at hwbot, if there's a need ;)...

Till next ramblings...

No comments: