Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Brag: Oooo, 4GHz easy on my Intel® Core™ i7- 980X Extreme Edition

Yeah baby!!! I got 4GHz...well, not the best out there but hey, if you're as busy as me with my kids and what nots, you won't have enough time to tinker with these bad boys. I always want to play around and find the sweet spot of the QPI and the Multiplier combo but I guess gone are those days for me.

I mean, wow, so many hexa cores and a dozen of threads, I can only guess about the price. Yes, I think this would be "pricey" compared to what's out there right now, but considering how Intel price their EE (extreme edition process) and if it remains the same, then the price is very much "reasonable".

Case in point, the Intel® Core™ i7-975 Processor Extreme Edition and Intel® Core™ i7-965 Processor Extreme Edition both runs at estimated $999 bucks. And I'm pretty sure the older Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor used to cost as much.

Good luck and have fun, FanBoy out!

No comments: