Friday, February 05, 2010

Misc: Going back to roots...

Work has always been very heavy, stressful, and hectic the whole year of last year. I can barely take a break, whew. I feel like I need to take a rest every week, which shouldn't be the case.

I figure, I need to find a break, R&R. Going to mall and buying gadget crossed my mind, but then again, I don't have the luxury to just go out and get stuff which I like. Still, I told myself, even just a DVD movie would be good enough, but heck, can't find anything that pique my interest.

So since I practice "personal discretionary spending", I decided to just play with hardware like I always used to. Come to think of it, this is the very reason I took my course, and apply for work at my company: COMPUTER!!!!!!!! Goin' back to my "roots" is always fun!

I rummage thru the lab equipment, and found one that I always have been interested with, Intel® Desktop Board D201GLY. I know, it's pretty old (well, relatively old), and lo and behold, I find it cute that this board still sport legacy devices: IDE/PATA, serial port, PS/2 keyboard and mouse and other nifty stuff...

I install an OS, trusty old Windows XP, and had fun with it. I will share in my future post about my experience with this board. For now, FanBoy out, I need to pee and grab some snacks...(phew, I didn't expect this post to be a mouthful)

No comments: