Thursday, August 02, 2007

Brag: My Penryn and X38 Chipset

Heya all, I'm still alive and very much in business. A lot of people I talk to in real life has been asking if I'm still on hardware thing, and I said, "most definitely". In fact, that is the sole reason why I can't update my Blog as much as I want to.

Anyway, if one has any doubts, just check out this new toy. I am not sure if many review sites have gotten their hand s on these babies already, I never really have time to check the hardware sites. Check out the image, it goes to the official CPUZ Validation site. Sorry, no benchmark...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not an AMD fanboy ,but i can tell you that Yorkfiled is gonna get crushed soon,and get crushed badly.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand how you can say Yorkfield is going to get crushed, especially 'soon'. Yorkfield has been bumped up to Q4-07, while Phenom continues to be pushed back. Oh, and see this little tidbit here about 'Magical' Barcelona vs. 'Real' Clovertown

"In reality the phantom 2.6GHz quad-core Barcelona appears to barely keep pace with a 2.66GHz Xeon 5355 when running the SPECint_rate2006 benchmark discussed here. However the fastest Barcelona processor we will see in September is only a 2.0GHz, not a 2.6GHz, which will be severely handicapped in performance when compared to Intel's offerings. AMD's situation appears more abysmal when you factor in that Intel already launched a faster Xeon 5365 at 3GHz clockspeed back in late April, widening the gap in AMD's comparisons."

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1856/

death_metal said...

I am actually still waiting for the real thing from AMD to come up soon. If Yorkfield will be beaten by K9/K10/Phenom/Barcelona whatever you may call, then it's good, as it will push Intel to accelerate Nehalem even faster.

What this means is, better products for cheaper or almost at the same price.

Anonymous said...

Does anybody not question the fact that his cpu runs at 1.6gHz in cpu-z. Seems a bit slow no, if it says its a 2.133gHz cpu.
Barcelone will be in favorite for the server business. The only reason Xeon is doing a little bit good, is because everybody is waiting for the barcelona. If it would be released when they said it would be, Xeon cpu's and any derivaties would allready be obsolete.