Thursday, May 18, 2006

Tech Link (Networking): Hawking Technology HBB1 Broadband Booster

Wow, I think this is one I'd like to have installed in our home. Wifey has been leeching off my precious bandwidth tons of times! I mean, she's still working at home, with her MS* Outlook* open all the time and then doing her database stuff (or whatever it is she's working on) and really clog all the bandwidth. Then my kids will start going to their favorite websites (Barbie, Disney, Barney, etc.), loading flash games, downloadable images that are really huge, and those sites that has a lot of background music it makes my Home Net Life next to, well...ummm...no comment.
Image owned by Hardcoreware.Net

If you share a single network connection with your family, you can know how annoying it can be to try to play games while someone is leeching off newsgroups, or otherwise wasting bandwidth that cause ping times to skyrocket.

Hawking Technology have come up with a low cost QOS product that promises to solve this problem, claiming speed increases of up to 400%! Sounds almost too good to be true.. is it?


Source:HardcorewareNet

No comments: